Discontinued; replaced by the VS8100-v2.
Vivotek VS8102 Features
- Up to 30 fps in D1 Resolution
- Real-time H.264, MPEG-4 and MJPEG Compression (Triple Codec)
- Multiple Streams Simultaneously
- Activity Adaptive Streaming for Dynamic Frame Rate Control
- Built-in 802.3af Compliant PoE
- Two-way Audio via SIP Protocol
- HTTPS Encrypted Data Transmission
- 802.1X Port-based Authentication for Network Protection
- Digital I/O for External Sensor and Alarm
- RS-485 Interface for Scanners, Pan/Tilts
- Built-in SD/SDHC Card Slot for On-board Storage
Vivotek VS8102 Overview
The Vivotek VS8102 is a single channel video server (video encoder) featuring support for H.264 video compression technology in addition to standard MPEG4 and MJPEG video compression. H.264 video compression technology can drastically reduce bandwidth usage without sacrificing video quality. With the inclusion of three separate video compression methods, the VS8102 is a Triple Codec video server allowing for operators to configure individual video feeds for monitoring on a computer or even on a cell phone. Each video stream can be individually configured with separate frame rate, video resolution and image quality settings allowing for multiple streams to be used simultaneously. By providing multiple video streams the VS8102 can provide both a high quality video image for recording and can still provide a low bandwidth video stream for remote or mobile surveillance.
With the inclusion of PoE (Power over Ethernet) support the VS8102 can be powered through Ethernet cable which will allow for reduced installation costs and will allow for centralized power management. The VS8102 also includes a standard 12V DC power supply should PoE operation not be required. Additional features of the Vivotek VS8102 include a built-in SD/SDHC card slot allowing for on-board storage, Two-Audio support and a RS-485 port allowing for Scanners or Pan/Tilt devices to be connected for control directly through a web interface.
The Vivotek VS8102 is a full featured video server designed to covert traditional analog CCTV cameras into digital IP for inclusion within an IP video surveillance network. With the inclusion of free 32 channel network video monitoring and recording software the VS8102 comes fully prepared for implementation into a video surveillance application.