The Vi3003 is a 3-port Layer 2 Ethernet and PoE switch providing drop and insert capability for connecting several IP devices along a single cable run. The Vi3003 provides a cost effective method for increasing distances beyond the standard Ethernet limit of 328 feet (100m). Multiple units can be cascaded to provide up to nine IP cameras to be connected to a single network switch port over distances of up to 2,952 feet (900m).
For small systems, the Vi3003's Layer 2 network capability can eliminate the need for network switches, saving costs and rack space. It also can significantly decrease network switch costs by increasing the capacity of a 24-port switch to handle up to 216 cameras and an 8-port switch up to 72 cameras. As a mini network switch, the Vi3003 avoids the potentials for transmission collisions by complying with IEEE standards. Its ability to automatically sense the datarate up to 1,000Mbps (1Gbps) also makes it the perfect solution for cost effectively extending network to network communications or between network switches requiring high speeds transmission.
The Vi3003 can be powered by PoE eliminating the need for external power or a local power supply. Additional power up to 90W can be added at any point along the cable run where power outlets are available to provide the ability to power PoE++ IP cameras.
Hardened wide range operating temperature of -40°C to +75°C makes the Vi3003 a perfect solution for harsh environments.
- Provides for multiple camera connections on a single cable run
- Each unit extends IP video and PoE for an extra 328 ft. (100m)
- Can be cascaded to transmit IP video and PoE up to 3,000 ft (909m)
- Powered by single source PoE, no local power required
- Able to power IP PTZ domes
- Able to maintain up to 60W PoE at any point along cable run
- Automatically senses input data rate up to 1000Mbps (1Gbps)
- Provides third port for drop and insert along a single cable run
- Provides full IEEE network layer 2 switching to avoid transmission conflicts
- No network configuration required
- Provides access up to 9 IP addresses eliminating the need for network switches in small systems
- Eliminates the need for multiple cable runs for perimeter and parking lot applications
- Hardened with wide range operating temperature of -40°C to +75°C