QNAP VS-8224 Pro+
- Processor: Dual-core Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz Processor
- DRAM System memory: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Flash Memor: 512MB DOM
- HDD Capacity: 8 x 3.5” SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive (NOTE: The standard system is shipped without hard drives)
- Hard Drive Tray: 8 x hot-swappable and lockable tray
- LAN Port: 4 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
- LED Indicators: Status, LAN, USB, hard drive LEDs
- USB: 3x USB 3.0 port (front: 1, rear: 2), 2x USB 2.0 port (rear), Front: for USB storage device (One touch auto video backup), Rear: for UPS device
- Buttons System: Power button, one touch auto video backup button, reset button
- LCD Panel: Mono-LCD display with backlight; Enter button, Select button for configuration
- Alarm Buzzer: System warning
- Form Factor: Tower
- Dimensions: 185.2 (H) x 298.2 (W) x 235.4 (D) mm (7.29 (H) x 11.74 (W) x 9.27 (D) inch)
- Weight: 7.83 kg/ 17.26 lbs (Net) (8.9 kg/ 19.62 lbs (Gross))
- Operation Temperature: 0~40˚C/ 32~104˚F
- Humidity: 5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C.
- Power Consumption 83.81W Write/Read (with 8 x WD WD20EFRX hard drive installed)
- Secure Design: K-Lock security slot for theft prevention
- Video Output: 1x HDMI
- Fan: 2 x quiet cooling fan (12 cm, 12V DC)
- Sound Level: Sound pressure (LpAm): 23.1 dB(A)
- Certification: CE, FCC, VCCI, BSMI, C-Tick
- Power Supply: Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz; Output: 350W
- Number of Channels: 24
- Video Compression: H.264/ MPEG-4/ M-JPEG/ MxPEG (depending on the camera models)
- Recording Mode: Continuous/ manual/ schedule recording; Alarm recording/ multiple alarm recording schedules
- Recording Performance: Up to 30 fps at H.264, 720P for each channel
- Megapixel Recording: Supports megapixel cameras (up to 10-megapixel)
- Recording Settings: Real-time digital watermarking, auto snapshot
- File Format: AVI (QNAP codec is required for playback)
- Display Mode: 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, or 16-channel display mode, sequential display mode
- Local Monitoring Enhancement: Full screen display, event notification, PTZ control, digital zoom
- Event Management: Motion detection, alarm input, connection failure, recording failure, and user-defined event
- Action Management: Video recording, email alert, SMS alert, buzzer, PTZ camera control, alarm output, and user-defined action
- Local Playback: Single view playback from local NVR server
- Search Mode for Local Playback: By date & time
- Multi-server Monitoring: Up to 256-channel monitoring from multiple VioStor NVR servers
- Playback Channel: Max 16-view playback from multiple NVR servers simultaneously
- Playback Control: Play, pause, stop, reverse play, next/ previous video file, different speed control
- Playback Enhancement: Full screen display, digital zoom
- Schedule Remote Replication: Schedule video data backup to a NAS on the local network
QNAP VS-82xx Pro+ Series Overview
Powered by Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3 processor and 8GB of DDR3 memory, the VS-82xx Pro+ is capable of recording videos from up to 24 IP cameras, delivering exceptional performance with up to 450 Mbps throughput to ensure stable recording of multiple megapixel IP cameras.
PC-less network surveillance by full HD local display via HDMI connector
Even without a PC, the VS-82xx Pro+ can be configured and perform monitoring tasks with the local display technology by connecting a USB mouse, USB keyboard and HDMI monitor to deliver lag-free live video monitoring in Full HD (1920x1080) resolution. QNAP local display technology provides a straightforward way to reduce the total costs in your business environment.
Anytime anywhere surveillance with a mobile app
Vmobile is an official mobile app that enables you to monitor QVR anytime, anywhere. Using iOS and Android devices, Vmobile provides camera live-view, PTZ control, instant event notifications, video snapshot, video playback, and searching for videos by date and time. Another mobile app, Vcam, allows you to turn your mobile device into a network camera and to directly save recordings to your VioStor NVR for portable surveillance options.
Turn your NVR into a CMS server
QSCM Lite is a free app provided by QVR that allows you to easily deploy up to 16 QNAP NVRs and 256 cameras and conduct central monitoring, playback, and management. With no extra server hardware required, QSCM Lite can easily turn the VS-82xx Pro+ into a CMS server. The powerful and pioneering QSCM Lite can be freely downloaded from the integrated NVR App Center.
Intuitive, zero learning
Unlike traditional NVR software that can be hard to use, QVR 5.1 is free from complicated options and terminology, offering an innovative desktop design to compliment smooth working efficiency. The multi-window design allows concurrent multi-tasking, and enables administrators to easily switch between tasks to increase their productivity.
Multiple IP camera management comes easy
You can directly configure IP camera recording schedules when needed without leaving the Live-view page, maintain a seamless monitoring so you won’t miss any suspicious events. You can also visualize IP camera deployment with the E-map function. Just upload the pictures of the monitored locations, drag and drop the IP camera icons to the right place on the E-map, and you can easily monitor your surveillance deployment at a glance.
Cruise for wider areas, zoom in for greater detail
With QVR system, users can easily manage & monitor multiple IP cameras in a real-time basis using web browsers, and attain the first-hand status of monitored corners. You can directly adjust the PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) functions of supported cameras, flexibly monitoring every desired corner and detail. Auto-cruising is also supported to allow you to define preset positions for PTZ cameras to automatically adjust their monitoring angles to preset positions by the time interval.
Find out the critical recordings without the hassle
How to find suspicious alarm recordings from huge amount of recordings can be a challenge. QVR 5.1 provides an intuitive playback interface to you to easily distinguish between regular and alarm recordings in the timeline bar. For greater efficiency, you can also enable Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) to quickly search videos corresponding to particular modes (includes motion detection, foreign/ missing object, out of focus, and camera occlusion) to screen for critical recordings.
Optimize your video watching experience with video transcoding
The transcoding capabilities of the VS-8224 Pro+ allows users a practical solution for watching videos stored in centralized locations via the Internet when they have low-bandwidth connections. This feature adapts to bandwidth limits and/ or devices that lack the hardware or codecs to play video files by converting a video file to a lower resolution before transferring it across the Internet. The original high definition video is still retained without any changes being made to it, balancing the whole surveillance system for local recordings and remote playback.
Flexible recording functions
QVR 5.1 provides flexible options to set up IP camera recording, including manual recording and scheduled recording. What can be even more convenient, you can set up the system to only record when motion is detected or other events occur. The smart recording function can also automatically switch the recording detail to a higher resolution when alarms are triggered. This greatly saves the cost spent on hard drives.
Economical expansion options
By installing the Storage Expansion app on a QNAP Turbo NAS, you can connect the VioStor NVR with the Turbo NAS via network to flexibly enlarge the total storage capacity of the VioStor NVR. If the expanded storage is not enough, QNAP REXP expansion enclosures can be used to expand the storage space on the connected Turbo NAS to support hundreds-of-terabytes raw capacity. (Availability: The storage expansion solution is available for VioStor NVR Pro(+) series with firmware v4.1.1 or newer and the Turbo NAS TS-x51, TS-x53, TS-x53U, TS-x63, TS-x70U, TVS-x71, TVS-x71U, TVS-ECx80, TVS-ECx80U series with QTS operating system v4.1.2.)
High efficiency with multiple LAN support
The VS-8224 Pro+ supports multiple port-trunking modes, enabling IT administrators to set up link aggregation to increase total data transmission capability. Failover is also supported to ensure continuous system operations. The supported port-trunking modes include: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing) and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
The VS-82xx Pro+ supports comprehensive RAID configurations and hot-swapping to allow replacing hard drives without interrupting system operations. QNAP’s advanced RAID recovery technology also assists if any healthy drives are accidentally removed from a degraded RAID volume. The system can be recovered to degraded mode by reinserting the wrongly removed hard drives so the data can still be accessible. The Global Hot Spare function also allows a drive to automatically replace a failed drive in a RAID volume, preventing data from being lost.