Planet PoE-151 Features
- Ethernet Connector: 2 x RJ-45( 1 for data + DC out, 1 for Data in)
- Data Rate: 10/100Mbps (vary on Ethernet device attached)
- Input Voltage: DC 48V, 0.4A
- Number of Device can be powered: 1
- Ethernet Cable: TIA / EIA-568, Category 5/5e cable
- LED indicator: 1 x power, 1 x POE ready / in-use
- Dimension (W x D x H): 73 x 55 x 24 mm
- Operating Temperature: 0~50 Degree C; 5~95% Humidity
- PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Emission: FCC Class B, CE mark
Planet PoE-151 Overview
The POE-151 is an IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet Injector that provides DC 48V over Ethernet cables. The POE-151 IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet Injector inserts DC Voltage into Cat.5 cable, allowing the cable between the Injector (POE-151) and Splitter (POE-151S-5V/9V/12V) to transfer data and power simultaneously. The maximum distance between the Injector (POE-151) and Splitter (POE-151S-5V/9V/12V) is 100 meters. With POE-151 being installed, it combines the Ethernet digital data with power over the twisted pair cables as an IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet Injector. And the IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet splitter shall separate the digital data and the power into two outputs.
With IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet devices being installed, the system administrator only has to use a single RJ-45 Ethernet cable to carry both power and data to each device. Besides, to connect through POE-151 and POE-151S-5V/9V/12V, you could also have benefits including cost saving, easy for networking planning and higher reliability. What’s more, upon any IEEE 802.3af devices being installed, the POE-151 or together with POE-151S-5V/9V/12V can make the connection while migrating or splitting the power and the Ethernet digital packets, such as connecting the POE-151 to an IEEE 802.3af complied devices, AP or IP phone.
Connect to IEEE 802.3af devices:
Due to the capability of IEEE 802.3af standard, the POE-151 can directly connect with any IEEE 802.3af end-nodes like wireless access point, IP phones and Internet camera where support IEEE 802.3af In-line Power over Ethernet port.
The IEEE 802.3af Injector and Splitter installation:
For a place hard to find the power inlet, POE-151 and POE-151S-5V/9V/12V, as a pair, should provide the easiest way to power your Ethernet devices such as PLANET ICA-110, Internet Camera on the ceiling, or WAP-4000, Wireless Access Point that is installed on the top of the building. It’s the same with the VIP-153PT, IP phone used in office or home.