Planet ISW-504PT Features
- 4 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet IEEE 802.3at PoE+ RJ45 copper ports (Port-1 to Port-4)
- 1 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet non-PoE RJ45 copper port
- One terminal block for master and slave power input (Power Range: 12 ~ 48V DC redundant power)
- Hardware DIP switch for Standard, VLAN and Extend mode selection; the Extend mode features 25-watt PoE transmission distance of 250m at speed of 10Mbps (Only for Port-1 to Port-4)
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus, end-span PSE
- Backward compatible with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Up to 4 ports of IEEE 802.3af/at devices powered
- Up to 120-watt PoE budget
- Supports PoE power up to 36 watts for each PoE port
- Each port supports 54V DC power to PoE powered device
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100m in standard mode with 250m in extend mode
- Hardware-based 10/100Mbps (half/full duplex), auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- 1K MAC address table size
- 1536 Bytes jumbo frame
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN transparency
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports CSMA/CD protocol
Industrial Case and Installation
- IP40 metal case
- DIN-rail, wall-mount design or side wall-mount design
- 12~48V DC redundant power with polarity reverse protect function
- Fault alarm for power input failed
- Supports 5KV DC Ethernet ESD protection
- -40 to 75 degrees C operating temperature
- 4 real-time PoE power usage indicators
Planet ISW-504PT Overview
The PLANET ISW-504PT PoE Industrial Ethernet Switch is designed to transmit power and data over single Ethernet cable to remote PoE capable devices and operates reliably in heavy industrial demanding environments. The ISW-504PT provides 5 10/100Mbps copper ports with 4-Port IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet inject interfaces delivered in an IP-30 rugged strong case. Supporting up to 15.4Watts power per port for any remote IEEE 802.3af powered device (PD) such as PoE IP cameras and PoE wireless LAN access point, the ISW-504PT is an ideal solution to deploy surveillance system and wireless service in climatically demanding wide temperature range(-40 to 75 Degree C)environments.
IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet PSE Industrial Switch
PoE feature is more often supported in the industrial Ethernet devices for efficient operation in harsh environments. The ISW-504PT in-line power follows standard IEEE 802.3af and allows giving power to 4 PoE compliant devices at the distance up to 100 meters through the 4-pair Cat 5 / 5e UTP wire. With Data and Power over Ethernet from one unit, the ISW-504PT shall reduce cables deployment and eliminates the need for dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. A wire carries both data and (power lowering), the installation costs, simplifying the installation effort and eliminating the need for electricians or extension cords.Furthermore, there is only 24V DC input in some industrial environments, the ISW-504PT series supports 24V DC or 48V DC dual voltages input and able to provide more wide range of industrial IEEE 802.3af PoE applications.
Wide Temperature conquers installation in harsh environments
The ISW-504PT provides a high level of immunity against electromagnetic interference and heavy electrical surges which are usually found on plant floors or in curb side traffic control cabinets. Being able to operate under wide temperature range from -40 to 75 Degree C, the ISW-504PT can be placed in almost any difficult environment. It also offers dual-redundant, reversible polarity 24V DC or 48V DC power inputs for high availability applications requiring backup power inputs.
Robust Switch performance
The ISW-504PT offers high performance switch architecture with 5 10/100Mbps UTP ports. It provides non-blocking switch fabric, wire-speed throughput as high as 1Gbps and the 2K MAC Address table. It also performs wire-speed packets transfer without risk of packet loss and the Flow Control function is default enabled to provide fast and reliable data transfer.
All of the RJ-45 copper interfaces support 10/100Mbps Auto-Negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 3, 4, 5, 5e or 6 cable. The standard Auto-MDI/MDI-X support can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables.