Planet GSD-908HP Features
- Ethernet Ports: 9-Port RJ-45 for 10/100/1000Base-T
- PoE Ports: 8-Port with 802.3af/802.3at PoE injector function
- Switch Throughput: 13.3Mpps@64Bytes
- Switch Architecture: Store and Forward switch architecture
- Power Requirement: DC 51V, 2.5A max.
- Power Consumption: 120 watts / 409BTU
- LED Display: System: Power (Green),PoE Usage 100% (Green); Per port : PoE (Green), port 1 to 8, LNK/ACT (Orange), port 1 to 9
- Dimension (W x D x H): 103 x 235 x 27 mm
- Weight: 628g
- Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 Degree C with 5 ~ 95%, Relative Humidity, non-condensing
Power over Ethernet Specifications
- PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3af/802.3at Power over Ethernet / PSE
- PoE Power Supply Type: End-Span
- PoE Power Output: Per Port 51V DC, 350mA . Max. 15.4 Watts, Per Port 51V DC, 600mA . Max. 30 Watts
- Power Pin Assignments: 1/2(+), 3/6(-)
- PoE Power Budget: 120 watts
- Regulation Compliance: FCC Class A, CE
- Standards Compliance: IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet, IEEE 802.3at High Power over Ethernet
Planet GSD-908HP Overview
The GSD-908HP, a new member in the PLANET 802.3af / 802.3at PoE Unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet Switch family, is an 8-port 10/100/1000T 802.3at Power over Ethernet + 1-port 10/100/1000T Desktop Switch with a total of 120 watts of PoE budget, which is an ideal solution to fulfilling the demand of sufficient PoE power for network applications with Gigabit Ethernet speed transmission. The eight 802.3af / 802.3at PoE Gigabit ports provide PoE power injector function which is able to drive 8 IEEE 802.3af compliant powered devices or 4 IEEE 802.3at compliant powered devices. The GSD-908HP also provides a simple, cost-effective and non-blocking Gigabit wire-speed performance. It comes with a metal compact housing, suitable for desktop deployment in SOHO office or department network application.
Different from the general PoE Switch which usually comes with 12 or 24 PoE ports, the GSD-908HP provides eight 802.3af / 802.3at PoE Gigabit ports for catering to small scale of IP surveillance networks at a lower total cost. The GSD-908HP comes with high performance switch architecture and 120-watt PoE power budget. The recorded video files from 8 PoE IP cameras can be powered by the GSD-908HP and saved in the 8-channel NVR system or surveillance software to perform comprehensive security monitoring. For instance, one GSD-908HP can be combined with one 8-channel NVR and 8 PoE IP cameras as a kit for the administrators to centrally and efficiently manage the surveillance system in the local LAN and the remote site via Internet.
The GSD-908HP has a 4K MAC address table, featuring high performance switch architecture capable of providing the non-blocking 18Gbps switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 13.3Mpps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands. Besides, the 802.3x full-duplex flow control function of the GSD-908HP enables PD devices and servers to be directly connected to the switch for wire-speed packet transfer performance without the risk of packet loss.
With data and power over Ethernet from one unit, the GSD-908HP reduces cabling requirements and eliminates the need for dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. A wire that carries both data and power can lower the installation costs, simplify the installation effort and eliminate the need for electricians or extension cords. Providing 8 PoE interfaces, the GSD-908HP is ideal for small businesses and workgroups requiring the PoE deployment of wireless access points, IP-based surveillance camera or IP phones in any places with ease, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.