Planet GSD-1603 Features
- 16 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function
Layer 2 Features
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Ethernet standards
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- Integrated address look-up engine, supporting 8K absolute MAC addresses
- 9K jumbo packet support
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN packet transparent support
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and backpressure for half duplex operation
- Hardware based 10/100BASE-TX, half/full duplex and 1000BASE-T full duplex mode, flow control and auto-negotiation
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports CSMA/CD protocol
- Made of metal, desktop size and wall-mount design
- LED indicators for system power, per port Link/Act
- 12V DC, 1A external power adapter
- FCC, CE Class B compliant
Planet GSD-1603 Overview
Cost-effective Gigabit Solution for SOHO and Department Networking
PLANET GSD-1603 Gigabit Ethernet Switch provides 16 RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps ports for high-speed network connectivity. It can automatically identify and determine the suitable transmission speed and half/full duplex mode of the attached devices with its 16 Gigabit ports that support 9K jumbo frame feature. Therefore, the GSD-1603 can handle extremely large amounts of data transmission in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high-power servers.
The GSD-1603 incorporates two advanced green networking technologies and is able to provide power saving up to 40% less energy but maintains high performance efficiently.
(1) Hibernation Link Down power saving
The Hibernation Link Down power saving goes beyond IEEE specifications to automatically lower power consumption for a given port when it is not linked. With the Hibernation Link Down power saving technology, the GSD-1603 will automatically adjust power usage of the ports that are shut down or not connected to network device.
(2) Intelligent scales power based on cable length
Intelligent scales power, the other technology adopted, is an intelligent algorithm that actively determines the appropriate power level based on cable length. When the GSD-1603 is connected with Ethernet cable shorter than 20m, a device can obtain maximum power saving because the GSD-1603 would automatically detect the Ethernet cable length and diminish power usage. The connected device can substantially reduce the overall power consumption, which makes a significant contribution to energy saving.
Stable and High Performance Switch Architecture
The GSD-1603 has an 8K MAC address table, featuring high performance switch architecture capable of providing the non-blocking 32Gbps switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 23.8Mpps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands. Besides, the 802.3x full-duplex flow control function of the GSD-1603 enables routers and servers to be directly connected to the switch for wire-speed packet transfer performance without the risk of packet loss.
Flexible Desktop Size and Fanless Design
The GSD-1603 is the standard metal model to fit into a space-limited environment. Designed with compact size, fanless and noiseless features, the GSD-1603 is able to operate stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance.
Plug & Play
All RJ45 copper interfaces of the GSD-1603 support 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ45 Category 5, 5e or 6 cables. They support standard auto-MDI/MDI-X feature which can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight-through or crossover cables.