- 6 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet ports
- 4 ports supporting 52V DC power to PoE powered device
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet end-span
- Up to 4 IEEE 802.3af/2 IEEE 802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE power up to 30 watts for each PoE port
- 60-watt PoE budget
- Hardware DIP switch for "Standard" and "Extend" mode selection; the "Extend" mode features 30-watt PoE transmit distance of 250m at speed of 10Mbps and VLAN isolation
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100m in the standard mode
- Hardware-based 10/100Mbps auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
- Flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- 1536bytes packet size
- Integrates address look-up engine, supporting 2K absolute MAC addresses
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Solid DIP switch to isolate ports to prevent broadcast storm and defend DHCP spoofing
- Desktop palm size
- LED indicators for PoE ready/activity and LINK/ACT
- Supports contact discharge of ±4KV DC and air discharge of ±6KV DC for Ethernet ESD protection
- Supports ±4KV surge immunity
- Internal AC power supply
Centralized Power Distribution for HD IP Surveillance System
PLANET FSD-604HP Desktop Switch provides four 802.3at PoE+ ports for catering to small-scale IP surveillance networks at a lower total cost. With dual 10/100BASE-TX uplink ports, the recorded HD video files from the 4 PoE IP cameras powered by the FSD-604HP are saved in the 4-channel NVR system. Its surveillance software performs comprehensive security monitoring and manages the surveillance system in the local LAN or remote site via Internet.
The FSD-604HP’s advanced features are as follows:
- 4-port PoE, 60-watt PoE budget
- Two 10/100Mbps uplink ports
- Can extend distance of up to 250m in the extend mode
- 30-watt power output at speed of 10Mbps
- Internal AC power, fanless design
Two 10/100Mbps Uplink Ports
The FSD-604HP comes with two uplink ports with 100Mbps transfer rate to ensure high-speed data and video transmission, reliable assurance for connection between the surveillance system and outdoor network where the four PoE+ ports can be used to their full potential.
Innovative Port-based VLAN Protection
The FSD-604HP features "Port-based VLAN Protection" where ports can be isolated from each other via one DIP switch. This can help to prevent the IP camera’s multicast or broadcast storm from influencing each other.
Distance Extended for Transmission of Power and Data
The built-in solid DIP switch provides "Standard" and "Extend" operation modes. The FSD-604HP operates as a normal IEEE 802.3at/af PoE Switch in the "Standard" operation mode. In the "Extend" operation mode, the FSD-604HP operates on a per-port basis in 10Mbps duplex mode but can support 30-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 250 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable. With this brand-new feature, the FSD-604HP provides an additional solution for 802.3at/af PoE distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation.
The FSD-604HP provides contact discharge of ±4KV DC and air discharge of ±6KV DC for Ethernet ESD protection. It also supports ±4KV surge immunity to improve product stability and protects users’ networks from devastating ESD attacks, making sure the flow of operation does not fluctuate.
Environment-friendly, Fanless Design for Silent Operation
The FSD-604HP comes with a desktop-sized, compact metal housing, making the placement of the unit convenient. It features a ventilated construction in which a cooling fan is not necessary, thereby making its operation noiseless. Moreover, the FSD-604HP is able to operate reliably and stably in any environment without affecting its performance. The deployment of PoE PDs with constant power feeding can be easily and quickly done.
Easy Cable Connection
With data switching and Power over Ethernet integrated into one unit, the FSD-604HP reduces cabling requirements and eliminates the need for electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. A wire that carries both data and power can lower the installation costs, simplify the installation effort and eliminate the need for electricians or extension cords. With 4 PoE interfaces, the FSD-604HP is ideal for small businesses and workgroups making the deployment of the PoE facility including wireless access points, IP-based surveillance camera and IP phones and door phone in any places easier, more efficient and more cost-effective.
4-Port 10/100TX 802.3at POE + 2-Port 10/100TX Desktop Switch (60W POE Budget, 250m Extend mode, fanless, internal Power Supply)