Planet FNSW-2400PS Features
- Ethernet Ports: 24 10/100Base-TX RJ-45 Auto-MDI/MDI-X interfaces
- PoE Ports: 24
- Switch Throughput: 3.57Mpps@64Bytes
- Switch Architecture: Store and Forward switch architecture
- Power Requirement: AC 100~240V, 50/60Hz, 2A max.
- Power Consumption: Max.135 Watts / 460 BTU
- Auto Detect: Yes, Auto detect powered device (PD)
- Dimension (W x D x H): 445 x 207 x 45 mm (1U height)
- Weight: 2.55kg
- Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 Degree C with 5 ~ 95%, relative humidity
- Warranty: 3 Year Warranty
Power over Ethernet Specifications
- PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- PoE Power Supply Type: Mid-Span
- PoE Power Output: Per Port 48V DC, 350mA . Max. 15.4Watts
- Power Pin Assignments: 4/5(-), 7/8(+)
- PoE Power Budget: 125 Watts, Supports PoE Power up to 15.4 Watts for each PoE port
- Regulation Compliance: FCC Part 15 Class A, CE
- Standards Compliance: IEEE 802.3: Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u: Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.3x: Flow Control, IEEE 802.3af: Power over Ethernet, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, IEEE 802.1p QoS, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
Planet FNSW-2400PS Overview
Cost-effective Edge Network Connection Solution
To provide enhanced network management with cost saving benefit to customers, PLANET releases the new version of the FNSW-2400PS, the Layer 2 Web Smart Switch with PoE injector function. The FNSW-2400PS is equipped with 24 Fast Ethernet ports integrating with PoE injector function. With 125Watts PoE power budget, it provides a compact, affordable, safe and reliable power solution for small to medium enterprises.
IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet Support
The PoE in-line power following the IEEE 802.3af standard makes the FNSW-2400PS able to deliver power to 24 PoE compliant devices at the distance up to 100 meters through the 4-pair Cat 5/5e UTP wire. It optimizes the installation and safe power management of network devices such as wireless access points (AP), Voice over IP (VoIP) phones and IP Surveillance cameras.With more efficient switching power supply, the efficiency of the FNSW-2400PS would be much better than four linear power adapters in a long run and bring customers the key benefit – energy saving.
Easy Cabling Installation
The Power over Ethernet technology enables the Ethernet wire to carry both data and power. With data and power over Ethernet from one unit, the FNSW-2400PS shall reduce cable installation and eliminate the need for extension cords or dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. In all, it lowers the installation costs and simplifies the deployment effort.
Friendly Web-Based ManagementFor efficient management, the FNSW-2400PS is equipped with remote Web interface. It can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as port configuration, VLAN, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), IGMP Snooping, port trunk, QoS, bandwidth control, and MAC address / TCP & UDP filter. The FNSW-2400PS provides Port-Based / IEEE 802.1Q / MTU VLAN (port based / IEEE 802.1Q VLAN including overlapping). The VLAN groups allowed on the FNSW-2400PS will be maximally up to 24 for port based or up to 32 for IEEE 802.1Q VLAN groups. On the other hand, the MTU VLAN divides port 1 to port 24 as separate LAN group. Via supporting port trunking, the FNSW-2400PS allows the operation of a high-speed trunk combining multiple ports. The FNSW-2400PS also provides two groups of up to 4-Port 10/ 100Base-TX trunk support with up to 800Mbps bandwidth per trunk group.