Planet FNSW-1608PS Key Features
- Ethernet Ports: 16 10/ 100Base-TX RJ-45 Auto-MDI / MDI-X ports
- PoE Ports: 8-Port with PoE injector function (Port 1 to port 8)
- Switch Throughput: 2.38Mpps
- Switch Architecture: Store-and-Forward
- Power Requirement: 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz, 1A
- Power Consumption: 123 watts / 419.43BTU
- Dimension (W x D x H): 440 x 120 x 44 mm (1U height)
- Weight: 1.75 kg
- Operating Temperature: 0~50 Degree C, 5~90% (Non-condensing)
Power over Ethernet Specifications
- PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet / PSE
- PoE Power Supply Type: End-Span
- PoE Power Output: Per Port 48V DC, 350mA. Max. 15.4 watts
- Power Pin Assignments: 1/2(+), 3/6(-)
- PoE Power Budget: 110 watts
- Regulation Compliance: FCC Part 15 Class A, CE
- Standards Compliance: IEEE 802.3：Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u：Fst Ethernet, IEEE 802.3x：Full-duplex Flow control, IEEE 802.3af：Power over Ethernet, IEEE 802.1Q：VLAN, IEEE 802.1p：QoS
Planet FNSW-1608PS Overview
For cost saving purpose and providing advanced management functions, PLANET releases the new version of FNSW-1608PS, the layer 2 web smart Switch with PoE injector function built in. The FNSW-1608PS features 16 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet ports with 8 IEEE 802.3af PoE interfaces. It supports MDI / MDI-X convertible on 16-10/100Mbps ports and provides PoE inject function on port #1 to port #8 which is able to drive 8 IEEE 802.3af compliant powered devices. The PoE power feeding can be set disable / enable and the PoE power consumption can be monitored for effective power usage.
With its Auto-Negotiation capability, all the RJ-45 / STP ports of FNSW-1608PS can be configured to speeds of 10/20Mbps / 100/200Mbps (Fast Ethernet) automatically. In addition, the FNSW-1608PS is equipped with the MDI/MDI-X auto detection for easily plug and play connection, regardless of cabling types in straight through or crossover. The FNSW-1608PS also provides a simple, cost-effective, and highly reliable network connection for data and power transmission. Furthermore, it is the ideal device for bridging among Ethernet, Fast Ethernet workgroups and networks. It fits all kind of Ethernet installations such as campus, workgroup, department, enterprise, telecom or industrial applications.
The FNSW-1608PS features non-blocking 3.2Gbps backplane that greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading your LAN for catering to increase bandwidth demands. For efficient management, the FNSW-1608PS Switch is equipped with remote Web interface and can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as SNMP Alert Trap, port configuration, port-based / IEEE 802.1Q / MTU VLAN, port mirroring, port trunk, QoS, bandwidth control, broadcast storm control, MAC address / TCP & UDP filter and IGMP Snooping.
With 16 10/100Mbps ports, the FNSW-1608PS provides a cost-effective and high-performance solution for power users. With its 3.2 Gigabits per second, non-blocking switch fabric, this device can easily provide a local, high bandwidth Fast Ethernet network for your departmental backbone. Providing up to 8 PoE, in-line power interface, the FNSW-1608PS can easily build a power central-controlled IP phone system, IP Camera system, AP group for the enterprise. For instance, 8 cameras / APs can be easily installed around the corner in the company for surveillance demands or to build a wireless roaming environment in the office. Without the power-socket limitation, the FNSW-1608PS makes the installation of cameras or WLAN AP easlier and more efficient.