Planet FGSD-1022VHP Features
- Ethernet Ports: 8 x 10/100BASE-TX MDI/MDIX Ports & 2 x 10/100/1000BASE-T MDI/MDIX Ports / 1000BASE-X SFP/mini-GBIC Slots (Combo Ports)
- PoE Ports: 8-Port with 802.3af/802.3at PoE injector function
- Switch Throughput: 4.16Mpps@64Bytes
- Switch Architecture: Store and Forward switch architecture
- Power Requirement: AC 100~240V, 50/60Hz, 2.5A max.
- Power Consumption: 130 watts / 443BTU
- Dimension (W x D x H): 180 x 280 x 44 mm (1U height)
- Weight: 1.8kg (3.8 lbs)
- Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 Degree C with 5 ~ 95%, Relative Humidity, non-condensing
Power over Ethernet Specifications
- PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet/PSE, IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus/PSE
- PoE Power Supply Type: End-Span
- PoE Power Output: Per port 53V DC, 300mA. max. 15.4 watts (IEEE 802.3af); Per port 53V DC, 600mA. max. 30 watts (IEEE 802.3at)
- Power Pin Assignments: 1/2(+), 3/6(-)
- PoE Power Budget: 120 watts
- Regulation Compliance: FCC Class A, CE
- Standards Compliance: IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab Gigabit 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit SX/LX, IEEE 802.3x flow control and back pressure, IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet, IEEE 802.3at High Power over Ethernet Plus
Planet FGSD-1022VHP Overview
Cost-effective Integration Solution for Secure IP Surveillance Infrastructure
PLANET FGSD-1022VHP is an ideal Plug and Watch Power over Ethernet solution which provides quick installation, real-time PoE work status monitoring and immediate troubleshooting through its unique LCD display to improve work efficiency and quality without any PC or software required. The FGSD-1022VHP is equipped with 8 10/100BASE-TX ports featuring 30-watt 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) copper interfaces and 2 Gigabit TP/SFP combo interfaces with inner power system. With a total PoE power budget of up to 120 watts and non-blocking data switching performance, the FGSD-1022VHP fulfills the demand of sufficient PoE power for HD IP surveillance. It offers a desktop-sized, reliable and visible power solution for small businesses and system integrators deploying Power over Ethernet networks.
LCD Monitor for Real-time PoE Usage and System Status Display
The LCD monitor of the FGSD-1022VHP clearly shows the PoE loading of each port, total PoE power usage and system status, such as overload, low voltage, over voltage and high temperature. With its brand-new LCD monitor, user is able to obtain detailed information about real-time PoE working condition of the FGSD-1022VHP directly. Also the Power Budget Control function helps to prevent power budget overloading.
802.3at PoE+ Power and Ethernet Data Transmit Distance Extension
The built-in solid DIP switch provides “Standard”, “VLAN” and “Extend” operation modes. The FGSD-1022VHP operates as a normal IEEE 802.at/af PoE Switch in the “Standard” operation mode. The “VLAN” operation mode features with port-based VLAN function that can help to prevent the IP camera’s multicast or broadcast storm from influencing each other. In the “Extend” operation mode, the FGSD-1022VHP operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation but can support 30-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 250 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable. With this brand-new feature, the FGSD-1022VHP provides an additional solution for 802.3at/af PoE distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation. Furthermore, its VLAN isolation function isolates ports so as to prevent broadcast storm and defend DHCP spoofing in the “Extend” operation mode.
Flexible and Extendable Two Gigabit Uplink Solution
The FGSD-1022VHP provides 2 extra Gigabit TP/SFP combo interfaces supporting 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 copper for IP surveillance network devices such as NVR, video streaming server or NAS to facilitate surveillance management. Or through these Gigabit speed fiber SFP slots, the 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceiver is inserted to be uplinked to a backbone switch and monitoring center over a long distance. The distance can be extended from 550m to 2km (multi-mode fiber), even going up to above 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/120km (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
The FGSD-1022VHP provide contact discharge of ±4KV DC and air discharge of ±6KV DC for Ethernet ESD protection, also supports ±4KV Surge Immunity to improve product stability and protects users’ networks from devastating ESD attacks, making sure the flow of operation does not fluctuate.
Easy Installation and Cable Connection
As data transfer and high power PoE are transmitted over a cable, the FGSD-1022VHP is able to reduce the need of extended cables and electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. It helps to lower the installation costs and simplify the installation effort. All RJ45 copper interfaces of the FGSD-1022VHP support 10/100Mbps and 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cable. It also supports standard auto-MDI/MDI-X that can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight-through or crossover cables.